You have no items in your shopping cart.
My Wishlist

How to get your pest control licence in WA

How to get your pest control licence in WA

Act(s) name: Health (Pesticide) Act of 1956 for Western Australia
Health (Pesticide) Regulations 2011
Licensing authority: Western Australia Government Department of Health
Expiry: Up to 5 years

Quick facts:

  • The Department issues two types of licences – Full licence and provisional licence
  • The provisional licence authorises you to own or buy a pest management business but you must employ someone who holds a full technician's licence until you are fully qualified
  • A provisional licence expires after 12 months while a fully qualified technician licence is valid for 5 years.
  • A trainee licence is required; this is a provisional technician licence
  • Provisional licence holders must practice under the supervision of a licensed technician for the first 30 days.

For more information and to complete an application form for your Western Australia pest control licence, click here.

Please note that Work Ready Training does not provide courses for residents of WA.

In WA, you must successfully complete a full cert III in Urban pest management which is 10 units. Currently, Work Ready Training only offers 5 units.

Leave your comment