Sorry - this product is no longer available
Interested in a change of profession and want to work in the pest management industry?
Our 'new to industry program' has been designed to provide the learning and support that will allow you to qualify feeling confident and work-ready. The course covers three units of competence from the CPP30115 Certificate III in Urban Pest Management (note it is not the complete Certificate III), CPPPMT3005 Manage pests without applying pesticides, CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides, and CPPPMT3018 Maintain equipment and pesticide storage area in pest management vehicle.
The total cost for this course is $1800. We take payment for this in two parts.
A payment of $1300 to start the enrolment process is initially required. This can be paid by direct bank transfer, debit/credit card or PayPal. We will then send you an invoice for the remaining $500.
How our course works
Our course theory is split into small, online modules packed with useful information, demonstration videos and diagrams. To pass a module you must correctly answer a set of multiple-choice questions based on the module content.
In addition to the modules, you will complete a variety of tasks that put theory into practice. Some of these tasks are submitted to our trainers for review and assessment of your practical ability.
You will also attend a face-to-face practical tutorial. These sessions are held by our experienced trainers and focus on practising skills like mixing and applying pesticides.
The course would normally take a person working in the pest industry about 160 to 180 hours to complete. As a non-industry entrant, you should expect to take a little longer, but you may find you already have skills that will assist your progress and make the journey smoother.
The new to industry program is comprised of the following training components:
- Online learning program: this includes video material demonstrating and discussing pest management in real locations. It also includes written theory, diagrams and photographs.
- Online tutorials: a range of live, online tutorials provides the opportunity to listen and discuss aspects of pest management with other students and a tutor. These tutorials also allow you to discuss any questions you have in relation to your learning.
- Practical tutorial: a one-day practical session is included in the program. This is designed to provide you with some hands-on practical experiences. Allowing you to work through a ‘real’ pest management job, from pest identification to the pest management plan and application. (Additional practical tutorials can be undertaken but these would be at an additional fee.)
To successfully complete the new to industry program you will demonstrate your competence through the following:
- Online multiple-choice questions – marked and feedback provided immediately on completion of the questions.
- Practical tasks – provided in modules as you progress through the program. Tasks will be videoed by you and submitted for assessment.
- Practical tutorial session – a one-day hands-on session (as outlined above).
On successful completion of this course you will be issued with a statement of attainment which you can use to apply for your state or territory pest licence (WA excepted).
Please note: to complete this program you will need to have (or have access to) some basic pest management equipment (see ‘Equipment’ tab above for additional information).
Course sections and modules
Section 1: Manage pests without applying pesticides
This section of the course covers content from unit CPPPMT3005. It is made up of six theory-based modules:
- Working safely – risk, ladders and PPE
- Working safely – legislation
- Pests – their biology and ecology
- Inspecting for pests
- Modifying an environment to manage pests
Plus practice experiences and two practical tasks:
- Practice experiences
- Roof void task
- Sub-floor task.
Section 2: Managing pests with pesticides
This is the largest section of the course and covers content from unit CPPPMT3005, CPPPMT3006 and CPPPMT3018. It is made up of six theory modules:
- Pesticide labels
- Pesticide – safety data sheets
- Pesticide application
- Applying pesticides to manage pests.
And five practical tasks:
- Practice experiences
- Emergency task
- Three work order tasks.
Section 3: Maintaining equipment and chemical storage areas
This section of the course covers the remainder of unit CPPPMT3018. It is made up of one theory module:
- Pest management vehicles.
- This course is provided in partnership with the Registered Training Organisation, Rentokil Initial (RTO no. 40919), and your statement of attainment certificate will be issued by them. For more information on this please see the RTO Information tab above.
- We can only accept an initial payment of $1,300 for this course. The balance of $500 is payable within one month of your formal enrolment on the course.
Have any questions? Call us on 1800 842 100